Monday, July 15, 2013

A YEAR AND A HALF?!?!?!

I recently discovered that my 10 year old step daughter has a gift card from Barnes and Noble from Christmas 2011.  WHAT!?  Outrage.  I'm reasonably sure that I stared at her for at least 30 seconds.  There are no words.  Oh wait, I can find a few.  How in the world do you not spend it all in the next week?  This is lunacy.  It was a pretty sizable amount so shipping would be free and we went for it.  We were up until 11 pm ordering books.  Such fun.  I love middle grade readers.  This is our exciting list:

 Goose Girl By Shannon Hale (this is the only one I've actually read.  Good book, great for girls!)

 The Egypt Game by Zypha Keatly Snyder

The Search for Wondla by Tony Diterlizzi

 The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson

 The Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner

I was THRILLED that she chose all books off of my recommendation list.  I keep all kinds of lists from picture books to chapter books for all ages and obviously adult books.  All of these were one my middle grade list!  So excited to get them in. Getting new books in the mail is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment