Sunday, November 4, 2012

Terrible Twits

The Twits by Roald Dahl

I just finished reading this to Doodle.  It is about two wretched people, Mr. and Mrs. Twit, that appear to hate each other.  They spend the first half of the book playing mean tricks on each other and the second half attempting to eat birds.  It is a very discriptive book and has a picture about every other page.  Doodle liked it (Lula would stand up when we pulled the book out and say "I'm not listening to that.") because of the delightful evil anticts of the two but was not particularily excited about it.  Until the last third of the book, it reads like a collection of short stories.  That is fine but doesn't envoke a feeling of anticipation.  Other chapter books we've read usually have some sniffles at the end of each chapter because Doodle is not ready to be done and can't wait to hear what comes next.  Not so with this book.  I'll be honest, this wasn't my favorite book to read aloud.  Some books I can't wait to read to them and don't want to miss out of the experience, this one I would skip.  I reccomend it to kids about 7 or so that can read on their own and leave the grown ups out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment